Stones with legends to tell
Castle of Fuensaldaña
Built in the 15th century by the Vivero family as a noble home. The family became linked to the region's history when the future Catholic Monarchs got married in their castle.
Construction started in the 13th century, but it is not until the 15th century that the structure acquires today's configuration. Inside, the building was shaped as a 'U' around the cortyard, which today has been made into the parliament floor. During the Comunidades war, it was peacefully occupied by the comunero troops. The castle was the General Assembly of Castilla y León.
- Castle / Fortress / Watchtower
- Predominant styles:
Ronda, s/n. Fuensaldaña. Valladolid.
Oficina de Turismo of Fuensaldaña
Castillo de Fuensaldaña, C/ del Agua, s/n. Fuensaldaña. 47194 Valladolid.
Teléfono: 983 090 903
Tourist Office of Valladolid
Pabellón de Cristal. Acera de Recoletos, s/n. Valladolid. 47004 Valladolid.
Telephone: 983 219 310
- Summer April, 1 – September, 30):
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10:30 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 19:30
- Closed: monday
- Winter October, 1 – March, 31):
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10:30 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 18:00
- Closed: monday, tuesday and wednesday
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data