Stones with legends to tell
Castle of Montealegre
It is a huge castle, built in the 14th century, its walls and towers were never conquered. The castle is shaped as a trapezoid and It was built in the 14th century, possibly by Alfonso de Meneses, due to its pentagonal tower, reminiscent of the fortresses of Ayllón and San Felices.
The pentagonal tower is accessed, on the grond floor, through a pointed door decorated with Gothic flower motifs. The castle, as well as the village, are inextricably linked to the life of the Valladolid poet Nicolás Guillén. It was used as a shelter by the Comuneros during the Comunidades wars.
- Castillo / Fortaleza / Atalaya
- Estilos predominantes:
Montealegre de Campos. Valladolid.
Teléfono: 983 343 688
- Summer (April, 1 – October, 31):
- Friday: . Guided tours:17:30
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: . Guided tours:11:30 y 17:30h.
- Closed: monday to thursday
- Closed in the morning: friday
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data