Stones with legends to tell
Castle of Portillo
This castle was built between the 14th and 15th centuries and the tower houses a photo exhibit that may be visited.
The castle is the result of several consecutive building stages over a period of 150 years. In 1470 the Count of Benavente had the exterior barrier built, tus strengthening the military structure of the castle, which had been more of a palace until then. The Prince Tello was its first builder. Over the years it passed through the hands of many a Castilian family, such as the Sandovals or the Mendozas. It was finally owned by Rodrigo Alonso Pimentel, the Count of Benavente. Don Álvaro de Luna was imprisoned in it prior to his execution in Valladolid.
- Castle / Fortress / Watchtower
Avenida del Castillo, s/n. Portillo. Valladolid.
Telephone: 983 556 899
- Wednesday to friday: book visit in advance: 17:30 – 20:00
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: 11:30 – 13:30 and 18:00 – 20:00
- Closed: monday and tuesday
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: book visit in advance: 11:00 – 13:30 and 16:30 – 18:00
- Closed: monday to friday
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data