Stones with legends to tell
Castle of Tiedra
It stood on the border of Castile and León, although it always belonged to the kingdom of León. The fortress was part of the price paid by El Cid to Doña Urraca to get her to liberate Zamora on behalf of Sancho II, who lost his eyesight in the siege of 1072.
Juan II confiscated the village and the fortress in 1430, and used it as a prison (the bishop of Palencia was locked in it). Later on it became the property of the Girón family and now is municipal property.
Tras la restauración de 2013 se ha recuperado la muralla y el patio interior, y la torre del homenaje ha recuperado las cuatro plantas.
- Castle / Fortress / Watchtower
Santa María. Tiedra. 47870 Valladolid.
Tourist Office of Tiedra
Plaza Mayor,1. Tiedra. 47870 Valladolid.
Tourist Office of Valladolid
- Summer April, 1 – October, 31):
- Wednesday to friday: 18:00 – 20:00. Guided tours:13:00 y 18:00 h.
- Saturdays and sundays: 11:00 – 14:00 and 18:00 – 20:00
- Closed: monday and tuesday
- Winter November, 1 – March, 31):
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: . Guided tours:13 h. y 17 h.
- Closed: monday to friday
- General: 2 €
- Groups: 1.5 €
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data