Stones with legends to tell
Castle of the Triste Condesa
Castle built in the 15th century. In 1393, the king Enrique III granted Arenas de San Pedro the village status and appointed Ruy López Dávalos, of Castile to start its construction.
It is popularly known as the Castle of the Sad Countess, because after the execution of don Álvaro de Luna in 1453, Juan II allowed his widow, doña Juana Pimentel, the Sad Countess, to rule the village.
- Castle / Fortress / Watchtower
- Predominant styles:
Oficina de Turismo Regional of Ávila
Casa de las Carnicerías. C/ San Segundo, 17. Ávila. 05001 Ávila.
Teléfono: 920 211 387
Fax: 920 253 717
Tourist Office of Arenas de San Pedro
- General: 3 €
- Reduced: 2 €
Remarks: Guided tours during opening hours to o'clock visits
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data