Containers of knowledge
Interpretation Center of the Nature of Matallana
The farm Coto Bajo de Matallana allows us to value an area of the province with an environmental wealth, through a range of activities, tours, seminars, etc., related to the ecological value of Montes Torozos and, thus, of Tierra de Campos. This multidisciplinary center provides a unique opportunity to delve into the secrets of nature, while allowing discovering the important remains of the Cistercian monastery of Santa Maria de Matallana.
The Center has a showroom; a garden of aromatic and medicinal plants and an area where the archaeological remains of the monastery, very attractive also for visitors, have been consolidated. Matallana also offers the possibility of a number of environmental routes, as well as cycling routes at different points nearby.
- Winter October, 1 – March, 31):
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: 12:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 19:00
- Closed: monday to friday
- Summer April, 1 – September, 30):
- Monday to friday: 10:00 – 14:00
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: 12:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 21:00
- Closed in the morning: monday to friday
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data