It is a beautiful place of which we can highlight the monumental remains of the Convent of the Franciscans and the current chapel of the Venarable Orden Tercera. This convent, also called Real, was one of the oldest and most important of Spain. It was founded in 1231 by disciples of the Saint of Assisi. Ten years later, the construction of the church began, which retains the main chapel and one side with ashlars, lancet windows, eaves with heads of men and animals... In the chapel are burial holes with pointed arches, remaining a stony altarpiece of XVIII century.

It is a convent that once had a Renaissance cloister, of which some capitals are preserved.

Historical Data

Religious architecture
Monastery / Convent
Predominant styles:
Historical Period:
Early modern period


C/ Ramón y Cajal, 5. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.

More information

Oficina de Turismo of Salamanca


P/ Mayor, 32. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.

Teléfono: 902 302 002 / 923 218 342

Fax: 923 263 409


Página Web:

Opening hours

  • Every day: depending on worship service

This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data