Sense the centuries of history
Convent of San Juan de la Cruz
The Convent of San Juan de la Cruz was completed in 1692. It is the first church and the first convent in the world dedicated to this saint and its entire structure and distribution, in convent and church, faithfully reflects the Carmelite architecture typical of the Carmelite Baroque.
During the years 2017 and 2018, the entire ground floor of the convent was remodeled, comprising the processional cloister with its courtyard, the main sacristy, the old refectory, the goal and visiting rooms, the convent garden and several permanent exhibition rooms, taking the name of Centro Teresiano Sanjuanista "Let's go deeper ..." In the spaces indicated, you can see, in addition to the architectural riches, the artistic pieces that are found in them.
This building is part of the environment of Cultural Interest and is declared a monument; They were usually closed to visitors and it is now open for the visit of pilgrims and tourists.
- Religious architecture
- Monastery / Convent
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Early modern period
Plaza de Santa Teresa, 4. Alba de Tormes. 37800 Salamanca.
Telephone: 923 300 043
Tourist Office of Alba de Tormes
C/ Castillo, s/n. Alba de Tormes. 37800 Salamanca.
Fax: 923 300 015
Tourist Office of Salamanca
- Summer July, 25 – August, 31):
- Saturdays and sundays: 10:00 – 13:00 and 16:00 – 19:00
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data