The interior boasts figures by the master sculptor Gregorio Fernández
Convent of Santa Teresa (Church)
The building stands on the site of the birthplace of Saint Teresa of Ávila and since 1999 has housed a museum. It also conserves part of the original kitchen garden. The chapels of El Carmen and La Santa contain the rooms where Saint Teresa was born.
Dating back to the 17th century, this convent stands out for its Baroque façade. The interior features several side naves boasting magnificent figures by the master sculptor Gregorio Fernández.
There is also a Chamber of Relics.
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Monasterio / Convento
- Estilos predominantes:
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Moderna
Centro de Recepción de Visitantes of Ávila
Avda. Madrid, 39. Ávila. 05001 Ávila.
Telephone: 920 354 000 ext. 370 y 371
Fax: 920 254 200
Tourist Office Regional of Ávila
- From October, 1 to June, 30:
- Monday to saturday: 11:00 – 13.00 and 17:00 – 19:00
- Sundays and holidays: 10:00 – 11:00 and 17:00 – 19:00
- Summer July, 1 – September, 30):
- Monday to saturday: 10:00 – 13:00 and 15:30 – 20:00
- Sunday: 10:00 – 11:00 and 15:30 – 19:00
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data