Sense the centuries of history
Monastery of San Isidro de Dueñas
Dates back to the 10th century. A primitive Visigoth foundation which was incorporated to Cluny by Alfonso VI from 1060 to 1075. It was founded during the reign of Alfonso III el Magno (866-910).
A church with three naves with a transept and three apses, separated by cruciform pillars without columns. The doorway is Romanesque. The oldest part, still preserved today is the gable end door and the rectangular turret. The capitals are reminiscent of Frómista and Silos.
Inhabited by the well known trapense monks from Palencia it is about 13 km from the city, very near to the confluence of the rivers Carrión and Pisuerga. Gregorian hymns are sung in sections of mass.
- Religious architecture
- Monastery / Convent
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Early modern period
Monasterio de la Trapa, s/n. Dueñas. 34219 Palencia.
Telephone: 979 770 701
Oficina de Turismo of Dueñas
C/ Abilio Calderón, s/n esquina con Avda. Quintanilla s/n. Dueñas. 34210 Palencia.
Teléfono: 979 780 798
Fax: 979 780 810
Tourist Office Regional of Palencia
- Every day: 4:00 – 21:00 (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data