Sense the centuries of history
Monastery of Santa Maria de Palazuelos
Alfonso VIII ceded the Villa of Palazuelos to the nobleman Alonso Téllez de Meneses in 1213 who donated the land to the Cistercian Order of San Martín de Valvení.After the Desmortizacion (state appropriation of church lands), carried out by Mendizábal in the 19th century, what remained of the monastery was converted into a farm.
Built between the 13th and 16th centuries, cistercian architecture and only the Classic style church remains. It has two spires, a funeral chapel and tombs from the 13th and 14th centuries.
- Religious architecture
- Monastery / Convent
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages
A62 - Salida 109 - dirección Cabezón de Pisuerga. Corcos. 47281 Valladolid.
- Summer April, 23 – November, 1):
- Saturdays and sundays: 10:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 19:30
- Winter December, 1 – April, 22):
- Saturday: 17:00 – 19:30
- Sundays and holidays: 10:00 – 14:00
- From November, 2 to November, 30:
- Closed: every day
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data