The Convento de San Andrés del Monte was founded by San Pedro de Alcántara in the 16th century and Friar San Pedro Bautista was ordained here in 1568. Carlos III ordered the construction of the Sanctuary, it was the work of Ventura Rodríguez and Sabatini and there was a chapel dedicated to the Kings brother and to San Pedro de Alcántara.

Upon the table of the altar of the octagonal chapel of the Saint, declared a Listed Monument, there is a marble and bronze urn with the Saints ashes. The small cell and the works of Ventura Rodríguez and Sabatini from the second half of the 18th century are noteworthy. The Bramble without thorns, worn by the Saint as penance is still preserved.

Historical Data

Religious architecture
Monastery / Convent
Predominant styles:
Historical Period:
Early modern period


La Parra, s/n. Arenas de San Pedro. 05400 Ávila.

Telephone: 920 370 204

More information

Oficina de Turismo Regional of Ávila


Casa de las Carnicerías. C/ San Segundo, 17. Ávila. 05001 Ávila.

Teléfono: 920 211 387

Fax: 920 253 717


Tourist Office of Arenas de San Pedro


C/ Triste Condesa 1 (Antiguo Mercado de Abastos). Arenas de San Pedro. 05400 Ávila.

Telephone: 920 370 245



Opening hours



Remarks: Closed. Tourism is not allowed during the mass.

This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data