Perteneció a las órdenes militares. Edificado en 1717 por Joaquín Churriguera y modificado por Jovellanos en 1790.

It has a large facade with an ornamental comb high in the centre, a continuous balustrade and two towers on the sides. At the end of the 18th century most of the baroque ornamentation was removed from its exterior to adapt it to the neoclassical style of the era. The grand staircase inside is attributed to Jerónimo García de Quiñones.

Historical Data

Civil engineering
University building
Predominant styles:
Historical Period:
Early modern period


C/ Rosario, 18. Salamanca. 37001 Salamanca.

Telephone: 923 128 900


More information

Oficina de Turismo of Salamanca


P/ Mayor, 32. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.

Teléfono: 902 302 002 / 923 218 342

Fax: 923 263 409


Página Web:

Opening hours

  • Every day:

Remarks: Exterior only

This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data