A historic hospital
Hospital of the Concepcion
The merchant Diego de Bernuy was the benefactor of this charitable foundation back in the 16th century, when it was used as an inn for pilgrims travelling along the Pilgrims’ Way to Santiago. The 17th century façade depicts an image of the Virgin of La Concepción.
This site safeguards tales of Saint Teresa of Ávila, as she too stayed here. Since 2nd March 1799 it has housed Burgos’ Royal College of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery. A hospital boasting a wealth of history.
- Civil engineering
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages
Calle Madrid, s/n. Burgos. 09001 Burgos.
Tourist Office of Burgos
Calle Nuño Rasura, 7. Burgos. 09003 Burgos.
Telephone: 947 288 874