Fundado por María de Aragón, esposa de Juan II de Castilla, en 1443, conserva de su primitivo estado el doble pórtico de cantería, renacentista, con los escudos reales en columnas y antepechos.

The chapel is dedicated to Santo Cristo de las Injurias and was restored in 1721; the courtyard is 16th century with cylindrical stone columns and they support a wooden gallery. The wooden staircase leading to the upper gallery, the ceiling's churrigueresque decoration and the small balcony at the top of the stairs are worth seeing.

Historical Data

Civil engineering
Historical Period:
Middle Ages


Pza. del Cristo. Madrigal de las Altas Torres. 05220 Ávila.

More information

Oficina de Turismo of Madrigal de las Altas Torres


Plaza del Cristo, s/n. Madrigal de las Altas Torres. 05220 Ávila.

Teléfono: 661 502 613 / 920 320 699 / 920 320 001 (Ayuntamiento)


Página Web:

Tourist Office Regional of Ávila


Casa de las Carnicerías. C/ San Segundo, 17. Ávila. 05001 Ávila.

Telephone: 920 211 387

Fax: 920 253 717



3 €

Remarks: Arrange the visit in the Tourist Office

This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data