Market of San Juan
The decision to make another market in Salamanca was made in 1936, but with the beginning of the civil war, in that year, it was necessary to wait until 1939, when the project was presented by Luis Gutiérrez Soto and Javier Barroso. The rectangular-shaped building has a large area to be able to place the stalls in a spacious way. It is covered by an arched profile vault and large vertical windows that allow great lighting and ventilation from the market. The northern part faces Valencia Street, it was used as a loading dock and in its southern part, an arcade reminiscent of the Plaza Mayor with shells on the spandrels and two large shields of Salamanca in sandstone. It was modified in 1990, remaining as we know it today.
- Civil engineering
Plaza Julián Sánchez El Charro, s/n. Salamanca. 37005 Salamanca.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data