It is a work made of brick according to the project of the architect Ángel Cossín. It was built between 1888 and 1890 near the Monasterio de la Encarnación, coming to replace the previous slaughterhouse in the city. Neomudéjar building, it consists of a room with a protruding attached central body. The openings in the facade are curved, they are reduced to three per body and are finished off with a semicircular shape and the upper vents with rhomboid shapes. The facade has a neomudéjar opening. The cross section shows that in the building traditional armor alternates with strong pennons and the use of iron in the upper galleries.

Historical Data

Civil engineering
Predominant styles:
Historical Period:
Late modern period


Ávila. 05005 Ávila.

More information

Centro de Recepción de Visitantes of Ávila


Avda. Madrid, 39. Ávila. 05001 Ávila.

Telephone: 920 354 000 ext. 370 y 371

Fax: 920 254 200



Tourist Office Regional of Ávila


Casa de las Carnicerías. C/ San Segundo, 17. Ávila. 05001 Ávila.

Telephone: 920 211 387

Fax: 920 253 717