Churches and Chapels
Church of the Abbey of Santa Maria de Burgohondo o Santa Maria de Fondo
Founded in 1178 by a bull of Pope Alejandro III, it has a 16th-century Mudejar coffering and a cross of the 17th century. The choir dates also from the 16th century. The monastery contains the graves of the abbots.
It used to belong to the military order of San Juan de Jerusalén. Abbey of the order of San Agustín, a jewel of Burgos Romanesque of the 12th century. The church stands next to the remains of a 16th-century cloister. The most important element is the fringe, full of delicate figures.
- Religious architecture
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages
Pza. Abadía, s/n. Burgohondo. 05113 Ávila.
Tourist Office of Burgohondo
C/ Esperanza 18. Burgohondo. 05113 Ávila.
Fax: 920 283 300
Tourist Office Regional of Ávila
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data