Churches and Chapels
Church of the Angustias
Construction of the present church started in 1597 and ended in 1604. The plans were drawn by the architect Juan de Nates. Building was carried out with the assistance of Martín de Uriarte.
The main altarpiece was built between 1602 and 1605. A new chapel for the Virgen de las Angustias was started in 1703. The facade contains overlapping structures, emulating the style of Palladio. The lower section includes the motif of the Roman triumph. The niches of the second section contain sculptures of the Virgin and the Angel.
Main office of the Cofradía de la Virgen de las Angustias (also known as Virgen de los Cuchillos). One of the chapels is devoted to her. The image of the Dolorosa is by Juan de Juni, and was conceived as an Easter float image.
- Religious architecture
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Early modern period
Angustias, s/n. Valladolid. 47003 Valladolid.
Oficina de Turismo of Valladolid
Plaza de Fuente Dorada s/n. Valladolid. 47001 Valladolid.
Teléfono: 983 330 893
Tourist Office of Valladolid
- Every day: depending on worship service