Churches and Chapels
Several mountain quarry masters participated in the erection of the church
Church of the Asuncion de Nuestra Señora
Almost square church, with three naves and six cylindrical pillars. The construction began in 1522 and several mountain quarry masters participated in the erection of the church. Juan de Landeras and Juan de la Riba were responsible for the building project from 1550 to 1557, completing the enclosure of the Capilla de San Esteban.
The main altarpiece consists of four levels, divided into five vertical lanes and 18 decorative motifs. The altarpiece in the right-hand-side lateral nave is Baroque, and dates from the 18th century.
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Estilos predominantes:
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Moderna
Portalejo, 7. Olmillos de Sasamon (Sasamón). 09132 Burgos.
Teléfono: 947 370 154