Churches and Chapels
It houses a museum of religious art
Church of San Juan
Triple Mudejar Romanesque apse. Three naves separated by 15th-century pillars. It houses a museum of religious art.
Was built in the late 12th and early 13th century, preserving its original ground plan and some sidewalls. The main jewel is the wooden Apostolate, painted and of Bizantine Romanesque style, dominating the main chapel. There is a Calvary of the 13th century, a Gothic crucifix and a canvas painting of Christ tied to the Column, attributed to Morales.
- Religious architecture
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages
Pza. Mayor, s/n. Alba de Tormes. 37800 Salamanca.
Tourist Office of Alba de Tormes
C/ Castillo, s/n. Alba de Tormes. 37800 Salamanca.
Telephone: 618 746 513
Tourist Office of Salamanca
- Winter November, 3 – November, 30):
- Tuesday to sunday: 11:00 – 13:00
- Holly Week April, 9 – April, 18):
- Every day: 11:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 19:00
- Summer July, 12 – September, 11):
- Tuesday to sunday: 11:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 19:45
- Closed: monday
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data