Churches and Chapels
Church of San Marcos
This church has a circular ground plan and a defensive structure. Found in 1178, it contains a sculpture of the virgin dating from the 16th century.
Three-nave church with semicircular apses. The pointed arches rest on columns. The ceilings are made of wood, there are two interesting Romanesque altarpieces and an image of the Cristo del Castillo. The 14th-century mural paintings representing San Cristóbal, the Annunciation and the Coronation of the Virgin were discovered in 1967.
- Religious architecture
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages
Pza. San Marcos, 1. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.
- Holly Week April, 13 – April, 22):
- Every day: 11:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 19:00
- Closed in the afternoon: sunday
- From July, 14 to September, 13:
- Tuesday to sunday: 11:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 19:45
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data