Churches and Chapels
Church of San Martin
Founded in 1103 by Martín Fernández, it took the whole 12th century to build. The north front preserves its original structure, with a series of round-arched archivolts decorated with vegetal and geometric motifs and, above them, a bass-relief of San Martín de Tours.
The south front, also Romanesque, is protected by a 1586 Renaissance facade. The pillars have a plain round plinth and capitals decorated with animal and vegetal motifs. The choir dates from the early 16th century. It has a star-shaped groin vault and is accessed by a Renaissance staircase.
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Estilos predominantes:
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Media
Pza. del Corralilllo, s/n. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.
Remarks: APRIL 14TH AND 15TH CLOSED
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data