One of the most representative Romanesque buildings in the province of Palencia
Church of San Martin de Fromista
It was part of a Benedictine convent; and the church emulates the Jaca Romanesque style, it was founded by Doña Mayor, the Countess of Castile back in 1066. One of the most representative Romanesque buildings in the province of Palencia.
There are two interesting turrets in the corners of the gable end and a Gothic crucifix of the 13th century. Inside, the three naves are divided into five sections, the fifth one being higher than the rest and forming the transept. The naves are covered by round barrel vaults. The lateral vaults are lower and narrower than the central and transept ones, and rest on round arches.
- Religious architecture
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages
Oficina de Turismo of Frómista
C/ Ingeniero Rivera s/n. Frómista. 34440 Palencia.
Teléfono: 979 810 180
Tourist Office of Frómista
C/ Francesa, 41. Frómista. 34440 Palencia.
Telephone: 979 810 128
Fax: 979 810 199
Tourist Office Regional of Palencia
- Winter October, 15 – March, 31):
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10:00 – 14:00 and 15:30 – 18:30
- Summer April, 1 – September, 30):
- Every day: 9:30 – 14:00 and 16:30 – 20:00
- From October, 1 to October, 14:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10.00 – 14.00 and 16.30 – 20.00
- General: 1.5 €
- Reduced: 1 €
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data