Made between 1,613-1,617. Plant with three naves with ambulatory, trascoro and without a cruise marked on the ground. Built by Fray Alberto de la Madre de Dios. The main altarpiece is Baroque and has carvings by Juan de Ávila.

The choir stalls along with the caisson of the sacristy were drawn by Juan Gómez de Mora.

The statue praying in bronze stands out for its solemnity, D. Cristóbal del Rojas and Sandoval, Archbishop of Sevilla, begun by Pompeo Leoni and finished by Juan de Arfe in line with the royal sculptures of the Escorial.

Two magnificent organs of 1616 stand out from the royal organ maker D. Diego Quijano.

In the sacristy stands the table inlaid gift of Pope Paul V, as well as rich cloths and ornaments donated by the Duke, and various paintings of the time.

Historical Data

Architecture:
Religious architecture
Construction:
Collegiate church
Predominant styles:
Gothic, Baroque
Historical Period:
Early modern period

Address

Plaza de San Pedro, s/n. Lerma. 09340 Burgos.

Telephone: 947 177 002

Email: oficina@citlerma.com

Website: http://www.citlerma.com

More information

Tourist Office of Lerma

Address:

C/ Audiencia, 6. Lerma. 09340 Burgos.

Telephone: 947 177 002 / 947 177 002

Email: oficina@citlerma.com

Website: http://www.citlerma.com

Tourist Office Regional of Burgos

Address:

Pza. Alonso Martínez, 7. Burgos. 09003 Burgos.

Telephone: 947 203 125

Fax: 947 276 529

Email: oficinadeturismodeburgos@jcyl.es