Churches and Chapels
Church of San Tirso
The original structure was erected in the 12th century. It shows a combination of styles: Romanesque stone-block apse, Moorish brick walls.
It contains an image of the 15th century representing Saint Michael defeating the Devil. Particularly noteworthy is the Neoclassic altarpiece containing the image of San Tirso, made by a member of the school of Salvador de Carmona, as well as two alabaster pulpits from the monastery and an urn containing the relics of the martyrs San Facundo and San Primitivo.
- Religious architecture
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages
Pza. San Tirso, s/n. Sahagún. 24320 León.
Tourist Office of Sahagún
C/ del Arco, 87. Sahagún. 24320 León.
Telephone: 987 781 015
Fax: 987 781 255
Tourist Office Regional of León
- From February, 10 to April, 6:
- Tuesday to friday: 11:00 – 14:30 and 16:30 – 19:00
- Saturdays and sundays: 11:00 – 19:00
- Closed: monday, tuesday, wednesday and holidays
- From April, 7 to September, 25:
- Tuesday to friday: 10:30 – 14:30 and 16:15 – 20:15
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: 10:30 – 20:30
- Closed: monday
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data