It is one of the most important Spanish Romanesque route. Of the XII century, this church is the only vestige of what Real Monasterio de Freiras Comendadoras of Santiago was, which is located to the North of the province of Palencia, in a beautiful spot on the meadow of the Burejo River.

The documentation of the existence of the monastery 'Santa Eufemia de Chozuelos', belonging to King Alfonso VI, and in 1109, a Papal bull of the Pope Pascual confirmed to the Bishop of Burgos as holder forever of the 'Monastery of Cuzolo', who kept it until 1186 when Alfonso VIII recovered it for handing over to the military order of Santiago, is of 1075

Historical Data

Religious architecture
Predominant styles:
Historical Period:
Middle Ages


Ctra Cervera, Km 87. Olmos de Ojeda. 34486 Palencia.



More information

Ayuntamiento of Olmos de Ojeda


Municipality of Olmos de Ojeda. Palencia.

Teléfono: 979 142 423


Página Web:

Oficina de Turismo Regional of Palencia


C/ Mayor, 31. Palencia. 34001 Palencia.

Teléfono: 979 706 523

Fax: 979 706 525


Opening hours

  • Winter
    • Saturdays and sundays: 12.00 – 14.00


  • General: 4 €
  • Groups: 3 €
(Group is considered from 15 people. Children: free)

Remarks: Rest of the week groups making an appointment previously tel. 979 14 24 14 / 636 32 85 34. These hours may be modified on Saturdays due to celebrations in the monastery church, so it is convenient to call to verify the hours.

This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data