Churches and Chapels
Church of Santa Maria
The building is made of hewn stone and brick; it was raised in the place of an earlier one. The church has a single nave and plateresque portals, as well as a baroque altarpiece inside.
The most monumental piece of this church of the XVI century is its altarpiece, of 15 meters wide and 24 high, of a late Baroque already open to neoclassical lines. The artist was Juan Manuel Becerril, which represents a very advanced Baroque, culminating his style in the main altarpiece of the parish of Frechilla, undoubtedly one of the most remarkable Spanish baroque altarpieces.
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Moderna
San Miguel, 1. Frechilla. 34330 Palencia.
Ayuntamiento of Frechilla
Municipality of Frechilla. Palencia.
Teléfono: 979 840 070
Página Web: http://frechilla.es
Tourist Office Regional of Palencia
- From June, 14 to June, 30:
- Friday to sunday: 11.00 – 14.00 and 17.00 – 19.30
- From July, 1 to September, 30:
- Tuesday to sunday: 11.00 – 14.00 and 17.00 – 19.30
- Closed: monday
- From October, 1 to October, 31:
- Friday to sunday: 11.00 – 14.00 and 16.00 – 19.00
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data