Churches and Chapels
Church of Santa Maria la Mayor
Former Templar convent. Cistercian, with Romanesque and Gothic elements. Probably built in the early 13th century.
Defensive structure, as in Valbuena, with three turrets (it probably also had crenellations in the past), one standing on the buttress of the north nave of the transept and the other two on the front wall of the central chapel, serving as lookout posts over the course of the river Carrión.
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Estilos predominantes:
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Media
Mayor, s/n. Villamuriel de Cerrato. 34190 Palencia.
Ayuntamiento of Villamuriel de Cerrato
Municipality of Villamuriel de Cerrato. Palencia.
Teléfono: 979 776 191
Página Web: http://villamurieldecerrato.es
Tourist Office Regional of Palencia
- From June, 17 to June, 30:
- Friday to sunday: 11.00 – 14.00 and 17.00 – 19.30
- Summer July, 1 – September, 30):
- Tuesday to sunday: 11.00 – 14.00 and 17.00 – 19.30
- Closed: monday
- From October, 1 to October, 31:
- Friday to sunday: 11.00 – 14.00 and 16.00 – 19.00
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data