Churches and Chapels
Parish Church of San Martin (San Martín del Castañar)
This church, declared a historical-artistic monument in 1981, shows a body of ships from the 13th century, individualized by large brick arches in the Gothic-Mudejar style. Reforms of the 16th and 17th centuries affected the main chapel and the transept, as well as the Gospel chapel, covered with a Gothic ribbed vault. The chapels of the collateral naves have beautiful coffered ceilings with muqarnas and fringed pendentives, the armor of the central nave being simpler.
Outside, it has a portico with Ionic columns from the 16th century.
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Estilos predominantes:
- Gótico, Mudéjar
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Media, Edad Moderna
Cerrada, s/n. San Martín del Castañar. 37659 Salamanca.
- Other dates
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: depending on worship service
- Holly Week April, 9 – April, 18):
- Every day: 11:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 19:00
- Summer July, 13 – September, 12):
- Tuesday to sunday: 11:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 19:45
- Closed: monday
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data