Palace of the Aguilas or of M. Miguel del Aguila
Sober renaissance palace. Don Miguel del Aguila had it built in the 16th century using Avila granite. It is located in the north wall of the ramparts and the façade was built by Juancho de Mondigana. It has two floors: on the bottom there is an arquitraved door with two jambs on the sides and a single lintel over the top; at the top there is a window in the shape of a door with a coat of arms in the middle.
The palace was known in the 19th century as the Palacio de Torres Arias. It was restored in 1901 and now it is an annexe of the Prado Museum. It is also a centre for scientific studies and investigation, and there are international meetings with experts in the field of art.
- Civil engineering
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Early modern period
López Nuñez, s/n. Ávila. 05001 Ávila.
Centro de Recepción de Visitantes of Ávila
Avda. Madrid, 39. Ávila. 05001 Ávila.
Telephone: 920 354 000 ext. 370 y 371
Fax: 920 254 200