Built in 1538 with an elegant façade and a courtyard decorated with dante-esque figures.

It used to belong to Don Rodrigo Messía, married to Doña Mayor de Fonseca. It is known as ‘La Salina’ given that it used to be a salt warehouse. It is known as ‘La Salina’ given that it used to be a salt warehouse and since 1884 it has housed the Provincial Council.

The wooden gallery is supported by corbels and have moulding on the sides and human figures on the front, which sustain other beings like Atlases. Their faces are dramatic and anguished and their bodies seem to be writhing.

Datos Históricos

Arquitectura Civil
Estilos predominantes:
Gótico, Plateresco
Periodo Histórico:
Edad Moderna


San Pablo, 24. Salamanca. 37001 Salamanca.

Teléfono: 923 293 233

Más Información

Tourist Office of Salamanca


P/ Mayor, 32. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.

Telephone: 902 302 002 / 923 218 342

Fax: 923 263 409

Email: informacion@turismodesalamanca.com

Website: http://www.salamanca.es

Opening hours

  • From April, 1 to October, 31:
    • Every day: 10:00 – 21:00



This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data