House of the Sello de Paños
The House of the Cloth Seal of Segovia, located on San Francisco Street in the city of Segovia, is a clear example of the importance of the textile industry in Segovia in the 16th century. From its construction in 1570 until the beginning of the 19th century, it was the seat of the Royal Cloth Regulatory Council, an organization in charge of classifying and authenticating with its seal the pieces of cloth that were produced and exported in the city. A splendid plateresque façade made of excellently crafted granite has been preserved from the original building, today the Segovia Provincial Council's Tourism Office.
The areas of culture and tourism dependent on the Diputación of Segovia are currently located.
- Civil engineering
- Manson House
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Early modern period
San Francisco, 32. Segovia. 40001 Segovia.
Tourist Office of Segovia
P/ Azoguejo, 1. Segovia. 40001 Segovia.