The origin of the museum is due to the moving of the first Dominican community by Alfonso X the Wise from San Esteban de Gormaz in 1266. It preserves polychrome stone carvings of the Virgin and the Angel of the Annunciation, sculptures of Santo Domingo and documents as papal bulls, charters and privileges of Kings, sacred ornaments.


Monasterio de Madres Dominicas, Plaza de Santo Domingo. Caleruega. 09451 Burgos.

Telephone: 947 534 009

More information

Ayuntamiento of Caleruega


Municipality of Caleruega. Burgos.

Teléfono: 947 534 005

Fax: 947 534 005


Página Web:

Oficina de Turismo Regional of Burgos


Pza. Alonso Martínez, 7. Burgos. 09003 Burgos.

Teléfono: 947 203 125

Fax: 947 276 529


Opening hours

This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data