Founded in the XI century, the Monastery was one of the most important of Castilla. The building underwent major reforms in the XVII and XVIII centuries, and today houses a museum of fabrics and tapestries, although examples of architecture, painting, sculpture and silversmithing are also presented. It excels a XII century Romanesque Christ, and a painting of Santa Maria Egipciaca, from the XIV century, in addition to Gothic and Hispanic-Flemish panel paintings.


Monastery of San Salvador de Oña:

It was founded by the Count Sancho García in 1011 and enlarged in 1033 by Sancho el Mayor de Navarra.[...]

Show moreMonastery of San Salvador de Oña
Church of San Salvador de Oña:

The church is part of the Monasterio de San Salvador. It was separated from it in order to turn it into[...]

Show moreChurch of San Salvador de Oña


More information

Oficina de Turismo Regional of Burgos


Pza. Alonso Martínez, 7. Burgos. 09003 Burgos.

Teléfono: 947 203 125

Fax: 947 276 529


Tourist Office of Oña


Ayuntamiento de Oña. Oña. 09530 Burgos.

Telephone: 947 300 078

Fax: 947 304 402



This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data