The Marqués de la Ensenada boat
The Castilla Canal is the result of an inspired idea to create a waterway linking the vast cereal fields of Castile with the Cantabrian coast. This longed-for aspiration led its ingenious creators to design the greatest hydraulic engineering feat of all times. Centuries after the completion of this astonishing project, the desire to sail along the Canal is still as strong as ever, albeit now on board modern vessels. One such boat, the Marqués de la Ensenada, sails as far as the sixth lock of this watery thoroughfare. A fabulous experience in Herrera de Pisuerga, where visitors can enjoy sailing along the canal, admiring the stunning views of its banks, its lush coolness of its leafy floral and the sense of vitality exuded by the breathtaking scenery.
The Marqués de la Ensenada boat is 16 metres long and sais at speeds of up to only 6 knots, to avoid disturbing the canal’s habitat. It has a crew of two and can carry up to 30 passengers. The boat is adapted for the disabled.
- From March, 1 to March, 31:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: book visit in advance: 10.30 – 14.00 and 16.00 – 18.00
- From April, 1 to September, 30:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10.30 – 14.00 and 16.30 – 20.00
- Closed: monday
- From October, 1 to October, 30:
- Tuesday to sunday: 10.30 – 14.00 and 16.00 – 19.00
- Closed: monday
- From November, 1 to December, 31:
- Thursday to sunday: 10.30 – 14.00 and 16.00 – 18.00
- Closed: monday, tuesday and wednesday
- General: 5 €
- Reduced: 3 €
- Groups: 3 €
Remarks: ALWAYS BOOK APPOINTMENT PREVIOUSLY 664 20 14 15. The Diputacion reserves the right to cancel trips when canal conditions or weather so require. The causes of reduction in the price of admision shall be proved. Closed in january.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data