Churches and Chapels
Church of San Hipolito
Built with stone blocks, it has three naves and three apses. The 17th-century tower has four sections. The second section ahs a balcony. The high choir, of the 15th century, has been attributed to Simón de Colonia. There are also four important bas-reliefs representing the life of San Hipólito, dating from the late 15th century, included in an altarpiece of the 17th century.
There is an important main altarpiece by Fernando de la Peña. Also of interest are two sculptures of the 12th and 15th centuries representing the Virgin and Child, a 15th-century font and choir stalls of the 16th century.
- Religious architecture
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages, Early modern period
San Hipólito El Real. Támara de Campos. 34439 Palencia.
Ayuntamiento of Támara de Campos
Municipality of Támara de Campos. Palencia.
Teléfono: 979 810 259
Página Web: http://tamaradecampos.es
Oficina de Turismo Regional of Palencia
- Summer July, 18 – September, 13):
- Tuesday to sunday: 11.00 – 14.00 and 17.00 – 19.45
- Closed: monday
- From September, 14 to October, 31:
- Friday to sunday: 11.00 – 14.00 and 16.00 – 19.00
- Other dates
- Every day: book visit in advance: 11:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 18.00
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data