The archaeological remains of the late Roman town of "El prado" from the third and fourth centuries after Christ ,are located to the west of the city of Valladolid, on the right bank of the river Pisuerga. Were discovered in 1952 and have been exposed to successive excavations between 1950 and 1990.

The investigations that this Roman town of rural character,was a stable occupation that had two constructive stages. The first can be framed between the second and the fourth century and the second with an abandonment around the fifth century.

The Roman town of "El Prado" is an indisputable Roman reference and an element of great importance, not only in the city but also in our region ,Castile and Leon ,for it,s multitude of archaeological and ornamental remains.

Datos Históricos

Arquitectura:
Yacimiento
Construcción:
Villa
Estilos predominantes:
Clásico
Periodo Histórico:
Tardoromano

Dirección

Valladolid. Valladolid.

Más Información

Tourist Office of Valladolid

Address:

Plaza de Fuente Dorada s/n. Valladolid. 47001 Valladolid.

Telephone: 983 330 893

Email: quioskoturismo@ava.es

Tourist Office of Valladolid

Address:

Pabellón de Cristal. Acera de Recoletos, s/n. Valladolid. 47004 Valladolid.

Telephone: 983 219 310

Fax: 983 217 860

Email: informacion@valladolidturismo.com

Email: oficinadeturismodevalladolid@jcyl.es

Website: http://www.info.valladolid.es

Remarks: It is not visitable. The Mosaic of the Pitchers can be seen in the Plenary Hall of the Cortes of Castilla y León in Valladolid.

This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data