Osma Castle is located on a rock, on the road from El Burgo de Osma to Recuerda. It had a Muslim origin and passed into Christian hands in 1011, it occupied a strategic place on the middle border of the Duero.

The fortress had three irregular walled enclosures, adapting to the hill where they settled. In the first enclosure, or interior enclosure, its still high walls and the access door stand out, which could have had a horseshoe arch similar to that of the Gormaz castle. At the ends of the east side of this enclosure are two towers, one for the Homage, and the other where the second enclosure begins. Of the second enclosure there are hardly any remains and of the third enclosure stands out the Water Tower, at the foot of the river.

Historical Data

Architecture:
Civil engineering
Construction:
Castle / Fortress / Watchtower

Address

Calle Daniel García Moral, s/n. El Burgo de Osma (Burgo de Osma-Ciudad de Osma). 42300 Soria.

Telephone: 975 360 116 (Oficina de Turismo)

Website: http://www.sorianitelaimaginas.com/patrimonio/castillo-de-osma

More information

Tourist Office of Burgo de Osma (El)

Address:

Plaza Mayor, 9. El Burgo de Osma (Burgo de Osma-Ciudad de Osma). 42300 Soria.

Telephone: 975 360 116

Email: burgoturismo@dipsoria.es

Website: http://www.sorianitelaimaginas.com

Tourist Office Regional of Soria

Address:

C/ Medinaceli,2. Soria. 42003 Soria.

Telephone: 975 212 052

Fax: 975 221 289

Email: oficinadeturismodesoria@jcyl.es