Where El Cid Campeador is buried
Cathedral of Burgos
It is one of the most beautiful architectural sets of Spanish Gothic art and declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its unique layout and very particular elevation make of it an outstandingly harmonious building.
A look at its twin spires stretching up to the sky in a ripple of lace is enough. Inside the building, a bronze plaque warns us that here lies the legendary El Cid Campeador, Rodrígo Díaz de Vivar, and his wife Doña Jimena.
It was built between 1221 and 1765 and, although Gothic style prevails, there are several artistic influences scattered all over the building.
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Estilos predominantes:
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Media
- Winter November, 1 – March, 18):
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10:00 – 19:00
- Summer March, 19 – October, 31):
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 9:30 – 19:30
- Holly Week
- Every day:
- Closed: friday
- Closed in the morning: sunday
- Closed in the afternoon: thursday
- General: 7 €
- Reduced: 4.5 €
- Groups: 6 €
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data