Known as the 'El Escorial vallisoletano'
Monastery of Nuestra Señora del Prado
Founded in 1440 by Jerónimo monks, known as the ‘El Escorial of Vallalolid’. Built in the 15th, 17th, 18th and 20th centuries. Nowadays it is the home of the Regional Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Junta de Castilla y León.
The oldest part is the church from the era of the Reyes Católicos, it underwent restoration in the 17th century. Building with three cloisters, the vestry is rectangular, above it there is a passageway giving access to the vaults that are decorated with painted plasterwork.
There is an inscription on the façade of the monastery showing that it was finished in 1726, it is a columnario façade.
- Religious architecture
- Monastery / Convent
- Predominant styles:
- Baroque, Classicism
- Historical Period:
- Early modern period
Autovía Puente Colgante s/n. Valladolid. 47014 Valladolid.
Telephone: 983 411 800
Oficina de Turismo of Valladolid
Pabellón de Cristal. Acera de Recoletos, s/n. Valladolid. 47004 Valladolid.
Teléfono: 983 219 310
Fax: 983 217 860
Página Web: http://www.info.valladolid.es