The theatre was erected on the site of an old open-air theatre. It was first refurbished in 1780, and soon after demolished (1793). In 1874 the building was pulled down again in order to build a larger Italian-style theatre fitted with stage machinery, walkways and a horseshoe-shaped room with a seat pit, three levels of boxes, and a proscenium.
The new building, today's Teatro Principal, opened in 1876. The Town Hall purchased the edifice in 1983 and it reopened in 1988.
- Civil engineering
- Historical Period:
- Late modern period
Oficina de Turismo Regional of Zamora
Avda. Principe de Asturias, 1. Zamora. 49012 Zamora.
Teléfono: 980 531 845
Página Web: http://www.turismocastillayleon.com