Church of San Julián (11th century) declared a Site of Cultural Interest, it is the oldest in the Laciana Valley.

The origin of the church of San Julián, of Romanesque style, is closely linked to the Corias monastery, in Cangas de Narcea and its consecration, dated in 1090, was carried out by Don Arias Cromaz, bishop of Oviedo, according to what is stated in the founding tombstone that is still preserved inside the temple.

Regarding its formal characterization, it has a longitudinal plan, with a single nave, finished off in a semicircular apse at its head. The nave is divided by a semicircular arch, with part of it maintaining the barrel vault and the other, wooden armor. It is worth noting its huge belfry that houses the bell tower.

Historical Data

Architecture:
Religious architecture
Construction:
Church
Predominant styles:
Romanesque
Historical Period:
Middle Ages

Address

Plaza de la Iglesia, 1. Robles de Laciana (Villablino). 24139 León.

More information

Tourist Office of Villablino

Address:

Avd Constitución 23. Planta baja Ayto. Villablino. 24100 León.

Telephone: 987 480 813

Fax: 987 472 236

Email: turismo@aytovillablino.com

Website: https://www.aytovillablino.com/pagina-principal/turismo/

Tourist Office Regional of León

Address:

Pza. de Regla, 2. León. 24003 León.

Telephone: 987 237 082

Fax: 987 273 391

Email: oficinadeturismodeleon@jcyl.es

Website: http://www.turismocastillayleon.com