A cross of late gothic and plateresque renaissance styles
Palace of Monterrey
Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón and Fray Martín de Santiago were responsible for the designs of this magnificent palace from the first half of the 16th century for the III Count of Monterrey, Don Alonso de Acevedo y Zúñiga. The palace could not be completed as it had been conceived, with a square plan and four towers on the corners, due to its high cost and the economic hardships suffered by the count. Only one of its four wings was ever built, with masonry walls crowned by a beautiful Renaissance lodge, whimsical openwork crests, chimneys and graceful towers presided over by the count's coats of arms. Inside, the ground floor is dedicated to the service area, while the main staircase leads to the upper floors, for the private use of the family, decorated with pieces from the Casa de Alba Foundation collection. The famous landscapes of José de Ribera, the portrait of the III Duke of Alba by Sánchez Coello and other oils by Tiziano, Salvatore Rosa, Carreño de Miranda ... etc. stand out.
- Arquitectura Civil
- Estilos predominantes:
- Gótico, Plateresco
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Moderna
Plaza de Monterrey s/n. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.
Teléfono: 923 268 571 (O.T)
- Winter September, 1 – January, 8):
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 10:30 – 14:30 (Reservations: www.palaciodemonterrey.com). Guided tours:10:30; 11:30; 12:30; 13:30; 16:00; 17:00 h
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10:30 – 14:30 and 16:00 – 18:00
- Closed: monday
- From January, 2 to March, 31:
- Thursday to sunday: . Guided tours:10:30; 11:30; 12:30 y 13:30 h/ 16:00 y 17:00 h
- From November, 28 to December, 31:
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 10:30 – 14:30
- Friday to sunday: 10:30 – 14:30 and 16:00 – 18:00
- Closed: monday
- General: 7 €
- Reduced: 5 €
Remarks: the 5th and 7th of december is opened from 10:30 to 14:30 and from 16:00 to 18:00 DECEMBER 25, JANUARY 1ST ET 6TH: CLOSED. Closed 25th december, 1st and 6th january.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data