Educate the senses
Episcopal Palace Museum
The Episcopal Palace of Segovia opens its doors as never before, gathering in its interior the main works of religious goldsmithing of the diocese. More than a hundred pieces, many of them restored and carefully cleaned to present to the visitor in the best conditions. The origin of the building dates back to the year 1550, when it began to be built as a palace by the Mayorazgo de Conde de Puñonrostro. Later, in 1635, it was sold to the Salcedo family, for which reason it is also known as Palacio de los Salcedos. The palace was in a state of ruin until 1755, when it was arranged that it would be the new headquarters of the Episcopal Palace, which was formerly located in the Plazuela del Alcázar. Its monumental facade stands out, built with ashlar granite ashlars. As well as the large porticoed patio around which the rooms of the new museum are distributed. This patio, the work of José de la Sierra (the same who worked in the cathedral), has arches of granite in its lower body and limestone in the upper body. Its sober and elegant architecture stands out in the whole, which reopens to the public after many years of lethargy.
Visit the main rooms of the Episcopal Palace and enjoy its three exhibitions on the artistic heritage of Segovia: Ceramic by Daniel Zuloaga, Glass from La Granja factory and diocesan museum.
Pza. de San Esteban, 13. Segovia. 40003 Segovia.
Tourist Office of Segovia
P/ Azoguejo, 1. Segovia. 40001 Segovia.
Tourist Office Provincial of Segovia
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data