This church features a latin cross ground plan covered by a barrel vault with three chapels on each side of the nave. It was built by Gil de Hontañón, who used renaissance forms and showed a clear taste for the classic (lintel doors and windows).

The main altarpiece was designed by Juan de Herrera and built by the master Juan Sanz de Torrecilla in 1579. The first body is made of stone from the quarries of Urueña and the relieves of the second body show motifs related with the Passion of Christ. The upper body is taken up by a sculpture of Saint Louis, the king of France. The presbytery, located next to the Epistle, contains the mortal remains of Magdalena de Ulloa.

When to visit it?

Observations: Check schedules and rates at the following web link:

This portal is not responsible for possible changes in the schedules and rates reflected

Get to know the surroundings

Within a radius of

    Address and map location

    • Postal address San Luis, 10. Villagarcía de Campos. NaN. Valladolid
    How to arrive
    Where to sleep
    Where to eat

    Tourist information

    • Villagarcía de Campos town hall

      To know more
    • Villagarcía de Campos tourism office

      To know more
    • Valladolid tourism office

      To know more