A convent that was originally a magnificent palace, converted in the 16th century, coinciding with the construction of the church and convent, from 1530 onwards. The church domes are the work of Martín Navarro and date back to around 1560 and were carried out under the supervision of Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón.

The temple and façade are believed to have been designed by the lay brother Friar Martín de Santiago, who finished the building with a jack arched loggia, which receives natural light through the large windows featuring semi-circular arches. The cloister is one of the highlights of the convent, as it is richly decorated with intricate sculptures. It is pentagonal in shape and is built on two floors. The elaborate and extremely beautiful sculptural decoration is the work of the disciples of Alonso Berruguete. This site stands out for its rich architecture and elaborate interior decoration.

Datos Históricos

Arquitectura Religiosa
Monasterio / Convento
Estilos predominantes:
Periodo Histórico:
Edad Media, Edad Moderna


Plaza del Concilio de Trento s/n. Salamanca. Salamanca.

Teléfono: 923 215 442

Más Información

Tourist Office of Salamanca


P/ Mayor, 32. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.

Telephone: 902 302 002 / 923 218 342

Fax: 923 263 409

Email: informacion@turismodesalamanca.com

Website: http://www.salamanca.es

Opening hours

  • Holly Week April, 1 – October, 31):
    • Monday to saturday: 10:30 – 12:45 and 16:30 – 19:30
    • Closed: sundays and holidays


  • General: 3 €
  • Groups: 2 €

Remarks: 24, 25 and 31 December and 1 and 6 January: closed

This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data