It is the first building in the city of Vallalolid of Classical style
Monastery of Santa Maria de las Huelgas Reales
Founded by Queen Doña María de Molina, wife of Don Sancho el Bravo, the present monastery was built in 1579, planned by Juan Ribero y Rada and carried out by Juan de Nates.
The monastery included remains from the palace of Doña María de Molina, one of the gates from the fortified wall and a 15th century tower with a rose window in Flamígera tracery. It is the first building in the city of Vallalolid of Classical style, following the example of the Iglesia de Villagarcía de Campos.
The church is in the shape of a Latin cross inside a rectangle, of one nave divided into three sections by arches resting on columns decorated with Corinthian capitals and chapels between the buttresses.
- Religious architecture
- Monastery / Convent
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Early modern period
Huelgas, 19. Valladolid. 47005 Valladolid.
Telephone: 983 291 395
- Closed: every day
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data