Educate the senses
Cathedral Museum of Zamora
The Cathedral Museum of Zamora was inaugurated in 1926 with the aim of housing works from both the Cathedral itself and from other parishes in the diocese. The Museum has its access from the cloister of the Cathedral. It displays part of a magnificent collection of Flemish tapestries from the 15th and 16th centuries, the tapestries are from the workshops of Arras, Tournai and Brussels. The oldest of the fifteenth century are that of Prisco Tarquino and those that narrate the Trojan War. Also worthy of mention is the processional custody of Pedro de Ávila, goldsmiths, polychrome painting and sculpture, and stone sculptures. In 2017, a new room was created dedicated to the works of Zamora artists or with a special connection to this land in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Pza. de la Catedral, s/n. Zamora. 49001 Zamora.
Telephone: 980 530 644
Fax: 980 530 644
Tourist Office of Zamora
Plaza Arias Gonzalo, 6. Zamora. 49001 Zamora.
Telephone: 980 533 694
Fax: 980 533 694
Tourist Office Regional of Zamora
Avda. Principe de Asturias, 1. Zamora. 49012 Zamora.
Telephone: 980 531 845
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data