A space of immense natural wealth where visitors can admire a breathtaking landscape
Sierra Norte de Guadarrama
This nature park is situated in the Central Sierra, in the provinces of Segovia and Ávila. The landscape is dominated by a vast mountainous ridge and dense forests of Scots pines that cover the slopes, whilst the lower areas are clad with oaks, holm oaks and junipers.
This space is the habitat for an outstanding range of fauna, including some of the Iberian Peninsula’s most emblematic species such as the Spanish imperial eagle, the black vulture and the black stork. The area boasts a perfect state of conservation and is well worth a visit.
Category: Natural Park (83,620 ha.)
- Municipalities in the province of Ávila:
- Municipalities in the province of Segovia:
- Aldealengua de Pedraza,
- Arevalillo de Cega,
- Collado Hermoso,
- El Espinar,
- La Losa,
- Navas de Riofrío,
- Ortigosa del Monte,
- Otero de Herreros,
- Palazuelos de Eresma,
- Pelayos del Arroyo,
- San Ildefonso,
- Santiuste de Pedraza,
- Santo Domingo de Pirón,
- Santo Tomé del Puerto,
- Torre Val de San Pedro,
- Valdevacas y Guijar,
- Ventosilla y Tejadilla
House of the Aguila Imperial
A themed centre built on the ruins of the ancient Church of San Miguel, and the Garden of San Miguel. It was designed to provide an additional infrastructure targeting a range of publics. Here visitors can obtain information about the golden Eagle and the Villa y Tierra de Pedraza community.
Address: Cañada Real de Orejana s/n. Pedraza. 40172 Segovia.
Telephone: 921 508 778
- The presence of numerous species, such as the spanish imperial eagle, and diferent birds of prey. Mammals such as deer, boar, roe deer, fallow deer and foxes.
- It occupies a large part of the Central Mountain range, large granitic massif that rises between the basins of the rivers Duero and Tajo.
- Highlights of the forests of scots pine and oak forests, holm-oak wood and juniper.